Lifestyle talk with Kaitee from Moon Body Soul
We met on Instagram and I immediately felt a connection to you and your work. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and what you do?
I moved from Kansas to California in 2013 in search of more sunshine and more yoga in my life. I’ve enjoyed exploring my new home, have taken countless road trips, hikes & any outdoor adventures I can find. I’ve always been a lover of baths and all things natural, but I struggled to find a completely chemical free bath line. After months of research and testing countless recipes (and many late night phone calls to my lovely mother!) I finally created a luxurious all-natural bath line that lived up to my high standards. Outside of working very hard on our line, in my free time you can find me practicing or leading yoga / meditations & new moon circles, hanging out in any outdoor park, traveling with my love & business partner Bentley, and cuddling our pup Roxanne.
You are the creator of Moon Body Soul, what is your philosophy towards your business?
When I struggled to find a completely natural bath line, I knew I had to create one. My philosophy is complete transparency, using natural ingredients to inspire people to take better care of themselves. I am completely open about what we put in all of our products & will never hide ingredients behind the word “fragrance” or “other natural ingredients” etc. I also want to educate people on the potential dangers and risks of chemical filled products & promote that true self care means being smart about what we put in/on our bodies. In the end, we as consumers, vote on what stays in the marketplace with each dollar spent. When more larger companies see that chemicals are not what we want, the more toxins we will see leave our self care items.
I also want to help the world on a larger scale with my products. With each sale, we support WaterAid, an amazing organization that’s goal is to provide clean water to everyone in the world.
If you were left in the woods with only one of your products, what product would you pick and why?
This is such a hard question! I think I would choose the Cosmic Coffee scrub, because all I would need to do is find a little river to use it. And it would help curb my coffee addiction, if I was desperate!
At Nabalo we are greatly inspired by Nature, what keeps you inspired and motivated?
I too am extremely inspired by nature & strive to live the most natural life I can. This has definitely impacted my decision to start the line. I stay motived by all of the amazing connections I have made through starting my business. From Instagram friends, to new customers leaving amazing reviews, all of the messages & connections I have made have been incredible!
I’m crazy about my morning rituals, they are the most sacred time of my day. Can you describe your favourite morning ritual?
Morning are for me! That became my mantra a couple of years ago. I decided that mornings were the most perfect time to take care of myself instead of catching the extra z’s. I love to make a pot of coffee, open up my windows and say hello to my tiny succulent collection, roll out a yoga mat & stretch. I usually feel very creative in the mornings and use this time to plan out my upcoming to-do’s. If I have ample time, this is also my favorite time to FaceTime & catch up with my momma, as she lives a few time zones away.
What is it that you are gifting the world through your story?
I am an advocate for self love through self care and hope that my products inspire people to give themselves the time & energy they deserve. My goal is to spread the message that self care is not selfish! I believe that when we take the time to care for our own bodies more fully, we have the capacity to better care for our loved ones.
Thank you so much Kaitee for giving us the chance to get to know you and your products better, we are really grateful. If you could pick five little things that you are grateful for today, what are they?
I am so grateful for everything going on in my life, but here is my top 5!
- The ability to create my own reality! How amazing is it that you can dream up something like my company, and actually make it happen with just some hard work & some debt. :) If you can dream it, you can do it.
- My amazing support system! I would be no where without my business partner & my love, Bentley. As well as all of my friends and family, especially my mom, who have been there for me every step of the way.
- My pup Roxane. I am such a dog lady & will seriously stop people on the streets to pet their pooches. Rox has been with me for 6 years and is such a trooper moving to 3 different states and countless residences. Maybe an all natural dog bath product should join the line …
- Community! As I said before, I stay motivated by the connections I have cultivated through starting this venture. I feel extremely connected by all of the individuals I have met and became friends with along the way. I also love knowing that every product I send out result in someone caring for a loving themselves more a little more.
- My self love practice. (and I call it a practice for a good reason!) It hasn’t always been easy but caring for myself, and loving myself is huge reason why I even started MBS. I am grateful for every yoga class I have taken my body to, every bath I have relaxed in, every hard run I have forced myself to do, every heart pouring journal entry, every meditation & little gift I have given myself. The more I care for myself, the more I can give to my loved ones, and the less I expect from them.
We are a completely natural bath company promoting self-love through self-care, inspired by the magical healing energy of the Moon & giving back with each bath to provide clean water here on earth.
Self-care isn’t selfish; more than anything it is selfless. By creating a cleansing ritual & making it a priority to care for ourselves, we can have the capacity & energy to care for our loved ones more fully. This promotes a beautiful ripple effect, spreading natural healing energy with each use.
If it doesn’t come from the Earth, you will not find it in our products. We are dedicated to using only the highest quality of ingredients Mother Nature has to offer in all of our handmade Moon Balls, Body Soaks & Soul Scrubs. This means no “safe” synthetics, no chemicals disguised as fragrances, no dyes & no preservatives.
The Moon is a wonderful reminder that change can be beautiful. We use the phases to prompt us to slow down & look inward by encouraging a bathing ritual for every New & Full Moon. We also give back with each bath. Your purchase helps us support WaterAid, a non- profit organization devoted to providing clean water to everyone in the world by the year 2030!